Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Husband is totally boss...

He's the cheese to my Easter Bun! If only I liked Bun and Cheese... However this is one Easter tradition that's huge in Jamaica. Everyone goes out and buys their Easter Bun and Cheese. Seen on the left is our Easter Bun and cheese- The bun is delicious by itself- It has raisins and is kind of like sweet spice bread. The cheese however is warm, processed, and has a weird smell (this of course is my opinion!) So together I'm not a fan of this Easter Bun and Cheese business!

As some of you know we headed to good ol Powell Plaza for our Easter Festivities. We got some much needed R&R. Went to the pool almost every day, hung out with the Hunters, talked with our families at home, ate a yummy Easter dinner, and colored Easter Eggs (which I'm quite proud of :) Of course we have brown eggs here and no Easter egg coloring kit. So we were forced to get creative. Jesse found some recipes for natural Easter egg colorings- We used blueberry juice, coffee, kool-aid, boiled carrot for orange color, and sadly did have to stoop to using green food coloring. However our eggs turned out pretty sweet.

Finally we have some very pretty Easter Lily's growing at our host mother's house. They are beautiful so I thought I would share them with you all! Hope you all had a Happy Easter- Love and Miss You!

4 comments:

Reyes 'Ohana Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a good Easter :) We miss you guys & we'll see you soon...can't wait!

Grandma said...

I am very glad you had a good Easter and tryed there Easter Bun and Cheese and got lots of R&R. Like the pictures of all of your colored eggs it is supprising what one can do with ones imagination and gift for being crafty to make your own colors. I really love the beautiful Easter Lily that is the prettiest one that I have every seen. Love and miss the pair of you be safe and will see ya soon.

Love Ya Lots
Grandma-Grandpa
BJ-Heidi-Lady-Shelby

Aunt Tracie said...

The Easter Lily is Beautiful.. Your eggs are pretty two, for starting with brown eggs.. Easter bun and Cheese, HMM Sounds kinda like Chocolate sryup and Biscuits to me, I'll Pass... Well I hope everything is going smooth this week...Thinking of you two always.. "SOON" Hugs, Love Ya

loverstreet said...

what happened to you guys!?! we need an update!