Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Peace Corps Preperation

I can't believe that in less than 3 weeks we'll be in Jamaica!

The realization that we're actually leaving brings a smile to both our faces. I can't help but have several emotions running through my body! There is sheer excitement for the unknown...a new culture, family, friends, and life for two years. There is sadness simply for leaving our loved ones for such a long time but most of all there is opportunity and joy! We are going to Jamaica to serve our country and the people there. Not only are we going to be learning their culture but they will be learning all about crazy Americans :) I have this sneaky suspicion that people are going to call me "Crazy White Girl," mostly because I'll be running around swatting at cockroaches and mosquito’s. Needless to say I think this is the least of my worries.

Today we booked our airline tickets- We’re leaving June 30 for Florida. We’ll be in Miami from June 30- July 3! On July 3 we’ll depart the United States and board a plane to Jamaica to begin our Peace Corps training.

I promise that sooner or later I’ll find the sheet that has an address where everyone can send our mail however for some reason I can’t find the one piece of paper it’s written on- Go FIGURE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were going to the Peace Corp and I am so thrilled for you. I wish you the very best and these next two years are going to be awesome for you. I am proud to know you both. Jeanette

Janelle said...

andrea i am looking forward to meeting you too! i'm so incredibly excited! i read that you booked your plane tickets to miami already, did you do that through sato travel? i am away from home right now visiting relatives and friends and have not heard anything about tickets, i guess i should call on monday? what do you think?